Intro to data science with Tableau
Learn data visualization through Tableau, which can be used for many Data science tasks and is the most popular and easy-to-use visualization program in the business world. In this course you will learn all the essential features of Tableau on the real examples and can implement your skills on practical task, using material from lectures. This course is designed to help you understand and apply the critical concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
Whether you're a data analyst or data scientist, or if you just want to know how to make a beautiful and insightful data visualizations - in any case, with this course you can improve your analytical skills. You will be able to make effective visualization and identify data patterns that will use the innate tendency of the human brain to the better perception of illusory information to convey conclusions directly and clearly.
What you'll learn
- how to become a master at streamlining your analyses and highlighting their implications efficiently using visualizations in Tableau;
- the basic and advanced features of Tableau and how to implement these features to your Analysis;
- to explore, experiment with, fix, prepare, and present data easily, quickly, and beautifully;
- a lot of practical examples and task will show you a way to immediately applying what you're learning.
The course is divided into 4 weeks. Over these 4 weeks, you will learn how to use Tableau to implement all types of visualizations and to help you find, and communicate, answers to business questions, as well as work with the Tableau functions that all data analysts should be familiar with. You will also learn how to use a different data set to work out analyses and how to use functions to include new calculations to your data.
WEEK 1. Get started
2. Get started (Tableau Family of Products, Installation)
3. Connecting to Web Services
4. Connecting data
5. Preparing data and data types
6. Combining Data in Tableau
WEEK 2. Data Visualization with Tableau
1. Filter data
2. Sorting, Grouping, Hierarchies and Sets data
3. Line Graphs and Box Plots
5. Working With Dates
- Lab 1.
WEEK 3. Advanced Topics and Dashboards
2. Filtering for Top and Top N
3. Row-level Calculations
4. Blending and Aggregation-level Calculations
5. Table Calculations and Parameters
- Lab 2.
WEEK 4. Dashboards and Dynamics in Tableau
1. Combination charts
2. Dynamical visualization
3. Dashboards and Story Points
4. Creating and Formatting Story Points
5. Saving and Publishing to the Web
- Final project